Lessons from the party
- Never post when drunk. Or slightly buzzed. Brain no worky, no writing in public forums. Yeesh.
- Hosting is easy when you prepare ahead of time.
- Sangria rocks.
- Starting at 5 is WAY to early. Being drunk and silly at 6PM is fun, but the night ends awfully soon. Also, people need to eat.
- Invite lots of people, less than half ever actually show.
- Do not provide projectiles to drunken boys.
- Party games are fun. And silly.
- Check all party games for accidental porn references with someone who would know. Some things just won't die once they've made their way into party vocabulary.
- My house is awesome, but very small. Party in the summer on the party deck.